Improving services to Arizona’s citizens, businesses, tribes, and visitors to our state is a priority for ADG. Using the Arizona Management System strengthens ADG’s accountability and helps it accomplish tangible results.
ADG has identified key performance metrics – each of which ties to one of its Strategic Plan goals or objectives – to measure its progress in achieving both short- and long-term goals.
ADG Department Measures showcases its continuous improvement through featuring its progress in selected metrics.
SEE HOW TRIBAL GAMING MEASURES UP
Contributed to State and cities, towns and counties in Arizona since inception (2003).
Contributed to Arizona Benefits Fund (ABF) since inception (2003).
About Tribal Gaming Contributions
Under the Arizona Tribal-State Gaming Compacts, Tribes that operate casinos contribute 1 to 8 percent of their Class III Net Win on a quarterly basis to education, healthcare, and other programs that benefit Arizonans. Administered by ADG, 88 percent of tribal contributions are distributed to the Arizona Benefits Fund (ABF), while the other 12 percent are distributed to the cities, towns and counties of Arizona. From the 88 percent distributed to ABF, ADG receives the greater of 9 percent or $8 million dollars to fund its regulatory and administrative costs and 2 percent is distributed to its Division of Problem Gambling for the prevention, education, and treatment of problem gambling in the State. Remaining monies are distributed as follows:
The ADG Division of Problem Gambling (DPG) offers a voluntary casino Self-Exclusion program, whereby patrons can choose to exclude themselves from Arizona Class III gaming casinos for a period of one, five or ten years. DPG Self-Exclusion staff work with gaming facilities on a daily basis to update the patron self-exclusion list. More information on self-exclusions can be found here.
Random Machine Inspections
ADG Machine Compliance technicians are committed to ensuring the integrity of gaming devices and accurate pay-outs for casino patrons. After the machines are in play, ADG randomly inspects gaming devices on a prescribed basis to ensure they continue to perform according to manufacturer specifications and comply with strict regulatory standards set forth in the Compact. ADG Machine Compliance technicians randomly inspected over 5,300 machines during 668 casino visits in Fiscal Year 2019. More information about ADG Machine Compliance can be found here.
While not required by the Compact, ADG Inspections & Investigations (I & I) Special Agents provide free training sessions to tribal partners on more than 20 topics taught by AZPOST certified law enforcement instructors and ADG personnel, when requested. Topics like auditing, security, surveillance, and general casino operations, give participants knowledge and information to perform efficiently and create a safe and friendly work environment. Training participants include tribal regulators, gaming facility operators, other law enforcement jurisdictions, and the community. The ADG I & I team also provides training sessions in conjunction with Arizona Tribal Gaming Regulators Alliance (ATGRA) events, including the annual New Agent Training Academy. Several ADG courses are certified as continuing education training credits for Arizona Law Enforcement Peace Officers, which assists individuals with meeting AZPOST annual training requirements. Based on positive feedback received from Tribes and participants, the ADG I & I team continues to expand its training offerings and provides more training sessions on more topics each year. You can find more information on ADG Training Program here.